Atlanta Lawyers Handling Slip-And-Falls And Other Premises Liability Claims
In Georgia, where an owner or occupier of land, by express or implied invitation, induces or leads others to come upon his premises for any lawful purpose, he is liable in damages to such persons for injuries caused by his failure to exercise ordinary care in keeping the premises and approaches safe.
If you are injured through no fault of your own as the result of unsafe or hazardous conditions on a property, the owner or occupier of that property is responsible for your injury. At the Atlanta premises liability law firm of Houck | Reynolds, LLC, we will help you understand your rights and options as we make sure you have access to the medical care you need and financial compensation you are entitled to receive under Georgia law.
Aggressively Pursuing Justice For Injury Victims
Premises liability cases are very tough in Georgia because there are many exceptions to the law which are not favorable to those who have been injured. That’s why you need a personal injury attorney who knows the law and the exceptions to the law. In every case, it is important to put the owner or occupier of the land on notice of a potential claim. It is also very important to collect and preserve the evidence immediately. That’s why it’s important to seek legal counsel immediately to protect your rights while at the same time determine whether you have a valid case.
Below are some examples of premises liability cases:
- Slip and fall because of foreign substance (water, food, etc.) on the floor.
- Trip and fall because steps are not in compliance with the building code.
- Trip and fall because of a rug or floor mat not in compliance with ADA code.
- Falling down because no handrail is in place.
- Death, sexual assault or serious injury due to inadequate security at a hotel or apartment complex.
- Injury because of a faulty elevator or escalator.
- Negligent security because a property owner failed to provide proper security.
In many of these cases, it is important to have a lawyer who knows the law and knows how to protect your rights.
Contact Houck | Reynolds, LLC Today
If you have suffered a serious personal injury on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. From our Atlanta offices, we can help you explore your options and protect your rights so you get the compensation you are entitled to receive under Georgia law. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.