Skip to Content

Experienced Counsel When Your Loved One Was Lost Due To Wrongful Death

Losing a loved one unexpectedly is one of the hardest things you will ever go through, especially if it is caused by the negligence or carelessness of another person or a defective product. In addition to the emotional toll, your family will be left to deal with the financial consequences as well. In Georgia, if someone dies as a result of someone else’s negligence, the surviving heirs are entitled to bring what’s called a “wrongful death” action against the responsible parties.

Georgia Fatal Accident Attorneys

To pursue this claim effectively, you will need an experienced lawyer to protect your rights. At the Atlanta law offices of Houck | Reynolds, LLC, we handle wrongful death claims throughout the state of Georgia for families who have lost a loved one as the result of someone else’s negligence. We have taken on — and successfully resolved — cases arising from auto accidents, unsafe premises and buildings, dangerous products and other situations.

In Georgia, the surviving spouse of the deceased person is entitled to bring the wrongful death action on his/her behalf and on behalf of any surviving children and is entitled to recover the “full value of the life of the decedent.” Under Georgia law, if there is no surviving spouse, then the surviving children of the deceased would be the proper party to bring the wrongful death action. In addition, the Executor or Administrator of the Estate of the deceased is entitled to bring a claim to recover the medical, funeral and burial expenses, as well as for the pain and suffering of the deceased. It is our job to see that all of these claims are brought to maximize the value of any claim we bring to the full extent of the law.

Contact Houck | Reynolds, LLC Today

If someone in your family has died as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should speak with an attorney who has experience handling wrongful death claims. Contact us today at our Atlanta offices for your free consultation.

Schedule A Consultation With An Attorney